Flexible, Friendly First Aid
Ladybird First Aid is committed to protecting your privacy. When you interact with us by phone, mail, in person or online, we sometimes receive personal information about you. This policy, tells you about how we collect, use and store your personal information. Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your personal data.
• the Data Protection Act 1998
• the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
• Directive 2009/136/EC of 25 November 2009 ("The European Union Cookie Directive").
• General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1.What information will we use?
2. How will your information be used?
Ladybird First Aid and other organisations and service providers that we work (such as ProTrainings or First Aid Awards) may use your information to:
• Operate the services supplied to you, for example to enable you to obtain the certificate, provide other course related services and ensure that the applicable terms and conditions are observed.
• Analyse how you use the services we provide and our marketing channels such as our website and our Facebook account.
• Assess the effectiveness of our marketing activities and the marketing activities we carry out on behalf of companies participating in our services.
• Understand your behaviour based on the information available to us and to send or show your information, offers, surveys and online advertisements for the products or services which we believe are most likely to interest you.
• Keep you updated, for example when your certificate is due to expire.
3. When we can use your information
We collect and use your information in the following situations:
• Where our use of your information is necessary for us to perform the contract or contracts that we have with you. These contracts include the terms and conditions of our services and any other agreements which we enter into with you from time to time.
• Where our use of your information is for the purposes of our legitimate interests or legitimate interests of companies participating in our services to you and we have made sure that your information, and your rights in relation to that information, are protected. For example we may rely on this legal basis if we and/or the companies participating in our services to your use your information to understand and improve our (or their) products or services, to help find out what information, products and services are more like to interest you, to send or show you information, offers, and online advertisement for these products or services, or to ensure that the services we give you and its related services are delivered and used in accordance with the law and the terms and conditions that apply to them.
• Where we believe it is necessary to use your information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, and
• Where we have your consent. We will consent to: (i) Collect technical information such as data from cookies and similar technologies; (ii) Collect device identifiers from your devices, provided you have given consent to the website provider, your mobile provider, or via the device settings; (iii) Use information about your location that we get from these technologies and the website to show you advertisements and offers which we think you may be interested in, and (iv) Use your information for marketing to you by email, text message and other methods of electronic communication from time to time in accordance with your data choices. Where we rely on consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
4. The period for which we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy. As a general rule, however, we will keep:
• the information you provide when you register with our services, together with any updates you make to that information, for the duration of your usage of our services;
• the information that we collect about you and your use of our services (including, for example, when and where you have used our services) for the duration of the usage of our services or, in some cases less time, based on the reason for holding such information and whether such information remains current, for example the cookies we use for third party advertising are held for no longer than 12 months
If you do not use our services for a period of 36 months we may deem you to be inactive. Your information will be kept and securely stored anonymously for a further period of 12 months after you are deemed to be inactive, following which we will ensure that your personal data is no longer retained.
5. Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information within Ladybird First Aid and with the companies participating in our services and their group companies. We may also share your information with:
• our professional advisors;
• any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
• any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this policy. We promise we'll never share your details with anyone else.